Potential top-10 pick Trae Young conducted a “secret” workout for the Cavaliers on Saturday, reports Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com (via Twitter). Givony, echoing what Joe Vardon of Cleveland.com wrote earlier today, suggests that Michael Porter Jr. may be Cleveland’s top target at No. 8.
However, if Porter is no longer available, the Cavaliers’ decision could come down to Young vs. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, according to Givony, who notes that he has the team taking Gilgeous-Alexander in his latest mock draft.
Here are a few more updates on pre-draft workouts from around the NBA:
- Anfernee Simons (IMG Academy), Dzanan Musa (Cedevita), Thomas Welsh (UCLA), Brandon McCoy (UNLV), Jaylen Barford (Arkansas), and Jacobi Boykins (Louisiana Tech) auditioned for the Trail Blazers on Tuesday (Twitter link via Casey Holdahl). It was Simons’ second workout for the Blazers, who passed on a workout with the Grizzlies to visit Portland again (Twitter link via Chris Herrington). Simons also worked out twice for the Lakers and Magic, tweets Jason Quick of NBC Sports Northwest.
- Jerome Robinson will have an individual workout with the Wizards on Wednesday, the team announced today in a press release.
- The Warriors‘ group workout on Tuesday featured Trevon Bluiett (Xavier), Gary Clark (Cincinnati), Bonzie Colson (Notre Dame), MiKyle McIntosh (Oregon), Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk (Kansas), and Desi Rodriguez (Seton Hall), per Mark Medina of The San Jose Mercury News (Twitter link). Golden State has the No. 28 pick and will reportedly push to buy a pick early in the second round — at least a couple of today’s visitors could be candidates in that range.
- Keita Bates-Diop, a potential target for the Timberwolves at No. 20, worked out for Minnesota on Monday, tweets Darren Wolfson of 5 Eyewitness News.
- The Pistons brought in six more prospects for a pre-draft workout on Tuesday, according to the team (Twitter link). Elijah Bryant (BYU), Obi Enechionyia (Temple), Zach Lofton (New Mexico State), Yante Maten (Georgia), E.C. Matthews (Rhode Island), and Nuni Omot (Baylor) earned a look from Detroit.
Retweet 9 Share 0 Send via email0
2 thoughts on “Draft Workouts: T. Young, Cavs, Blazers, Warriors”
Cannot see how either Young/MPJ can still be unpicked by the time Cleveland gets in at #8 they are way too good to be left on the board.
Bonzi Colson had incredible reb/blk 10.1/2.2 numbers his senior year.
Also, he’s a senior so his game will be more NBA ready.
I definitely think he would be worth a gamble in the second round.