Arizona State freshman guard Luguentz Dort reportedly intends to formally declare for the 2019 NBA draft next week, according to Nancy Audent of French-language TVA Sports.
Audent’s report doesn’t confirm whether Dort intends to remain in the draft or if he’ll just test the waters, but he’s a potential top-30 pick — currently, he ranks 27th overall on Jonathan Givony’s big board at ESPN.com. According to Chris Karpman of 247Sports.com, multiple people familiar with Dort’s thinking have previously said he’ll likely go pro if the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee says he’s a probable first-round pick.
In his first – and possibly only – season with the Sun Devils, Dort averaged 16.1 PPG, 4.3 RPG, 2.3 APG, and 1.5 SPG.
Here are more of today’s early entrant decisions:
- Lithuanian wing Deividas Sirvydis tells Jonathan Givony of ESPN.com that he has submitted his paperwork to enter the draft. Sirvydis, No. 48 prospect in ESPN’s top 100, currently plays in the Lithuanian league and EuroCup for Lietuvos Rytas.
- LSU freshman center Naz Reid has elected to enter the 2019 NBA draft and pursue a professional career, he announced today in an Instagram post. “I will be entering the NBA Draft with an agent in hopes of finally fulfilling a dream I believe is my destiny,” wrote Reid, the No. 50 prospect on ESPN’s big board.
- Vanderbilt freshman Simisola Shittu will hire an agent and test the draft waters with the intent of keeping his name in the 2019 pool, he tells Givony. The 6’10” forward is the No. 81 prospect on ESPN’s big board.
- Sophomore guard Charlie Brown, the leading scorer for Saint Joseph’s this season and the No. 96 prospect on ESPN’s top 100, is entering his name in the 2019 NBA draft, as Mike Jensen of Philly.com relays. Although Brown doesn’t yet have to make a final decision, it sounds like he’ll likely keep his name in the draft, having said in a statement that he’s “ready to move on to the professional ranks.”
- The following prospects who fall outside of ESPN’s top 100 are also declaring for the draft:
- Jordan Bone, G, Tennessee (junior): Link via Evan Daniels of 247Sports.com.
- Eugene German, G, Northern Illinois (junior): Press release via NIU.
- Vance Jackson, F, New Mexico (sophomore): Twitter link via Jeff Goodman of Stadium.
- Reggie Perry, F, Mississippi State (freshman): Twitter link via Perry.
2 thoughts on “Draft Updates: Dort, Sirvydis, Reid, Shittu, More”
Reid will be a lightening rod for criticism, but he will be gone before #50. Probably before #30, for his talent.
As for Shittu, I would not like to say unless really mad.
Ha! Moderation purgatory! I wonder why lol “Shittu”