Seton Hall’s Sandro Mamukelashvili is scheduled to work out for the Pistons on Thursday, Adam Zagoria of the New York Times tweets. The 6’11” Mamukelashvili already worked out for the Jazz, Thunder and Hornets. He’s currently listed as the No. 56 overall prospect on ESPN’s Best Available list.
We have more news and insights on this year’s draft:
- Minnesota guard Marcus Carr has worked out for the Hornets and Timberwolves, Zagoria reports in a separate tweet. Carr averaged 19.4 PPG and 4.9 APG for the Golden Gophers last season.
- St. John’s Julian Champagnie (ranked No. 92 by ESPN) and Oregon’s LJ Figueroa worked out for the Celtics on Wednesday, according to Zagoria (Twitter links). Illinois big man Kofi Cockburn (ranked No. 91) will work out for Boston on Thursday, Zagoria adds in another tweet.
- Ohio guard Jason Preston and Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado are among the underrated prospects in this year’s draft, Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated opines. Preston averaged 15.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG and 7.3 APG last season, while Alvarado averaged 15.2 PPG and 4.1 APG.
- Texas forward Jericho Sims has worked out for the Grizzlies and will work out for the Kings, Darren Wolfson of KSTP tweets.
- What’s the biggest need for each of the lottery teams? Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Wasserman takes a closer look at that subject.
Retweet 2 Share 0 Send via email0
17 thoughts on “Draft Notes: Mamukelashvili, Carr, Champagnie, Figueroa, Cockburn, Sims”
Easily most x rated name I’ve read on here
Google “Olivia Wilde”. You love that too.
That is her real last name, good to know.
She also dumped her baby-daddy, Jason Sudeikis, for Harry Styles.
Simisola Shittu would like a word.
Since he attended and played for the
University of Minnesota
When Marcus participated in a workout for the
Timberpuppies at Target Center in Minneapolis,
at least he was able to get there by CARR !!!!!!!!!
Since you liked that one….
Remember that in the event the workout with the Timberpuppies doesn’t pan out, Marcus is pitching a TV show revival to the networks and cable channels:
“MY MOTHER THE CARR” !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone was talking this draft class up before the season. To me on paper it looks really weak
With Knicks signing Luca at PG. I think they could be moving Quickly. I like Roko from Croatia. I see him as a big SF. He’s still raw with lots of upside. The guy competes and is fearless. He’s worth a long look in first rd. I would definitely take him at 32 if still there. Knicks will probably lose Noel. So we also need to find a big to backup Mitch. Noel deserves a pay day. Knicks would be smart to sign n trade him. Instead of letting him walk for nada.
What are they getting in a sign and trade for a backup C, a 2nd round pick?
And they signed Noel as a FA so they have no bird rights for a S&T anyway.
There is no requirement that a team have Bird Rights to do a S&T, as long as they have the cap space to sign the guy. You’re right, though, that Noel is VERY unlikely guy to request a S&T, unless the market for him is above the 30 mm / 3 year level.
It’s not required, but it helps a lot. With non-bird rights the Knicks will be very limited in how much they can pay him (~$6M/year).
No, that’s not right. As long as they have cap space, they can pay him whatever they want (up to his max or the space, whichever is less). Bird rights are a CAP Exception, and thus don’t have ANY value when a team has cap space.
He doesn’t know. He just wants to throw shade. He’s a better center than Rockets will ever see. Noel can start for sone teams. He can be a top 6-8 rotation guy. That’s worth at least 10 mill. Like he explained it to you we have the cap space. Celtics could sure use him. But can’t sign him as FA. Hating prohibits learning in life. Noel will get a nice contract. He’s easy a ten n ten guy with gd D, 30 mins a gm. You can’t understand how that helps a winning team.
Mamu is an intriguing player withba unique skillset. I thought the Pistons might be targeting him in the second rd.
Why is Cockburn a surname? Good thing he’s 7ft tall or he would’ve got picked on for that name.
Three picks in top 32. Can’t wait for draft. If we keep picks. I can see Ayo, Roko, Bassey or Jackson. Would be a nice haul. Better yet would be trading into #5 for Kuminga. I even wonder if Cavs would do Okoro for Toppin. Options for the 4th seed.