Seton Hall’s Sandro Mamukelashvili is scheduled to work out for the Pistons on Thursday, Adam Zagoria of the New York Times tweets. The 6’11” Mamukelashvili already worked out for the Jazz, Thunder and Hornets. He’s currently listed as the No. 56 overall prospect on ESPN’s Best Available list.
We have more news and insights on this year’s draft:
- Minnesota guard Marcus Carr has worked out for the Hornets and Timberwolves, Zagoria reports in a separate tweet. Carr averaged 19.4 PPG and 4.9 APG for the Golden Gophers last season.
- St. John’s Julian Champagnie (ranked No. 92 by ESPN) and Oregon’s LJ Figueroa worked out for the Celtics on Wednesday, according to Zagoria (Twitter links). Illinois big man Kofi Cockburn (ranked No. 91) will work out for Boston on Thursday, Zagoria adds in another tweet.
- Ohio guard Jason Preston and Georgia Tech guard Jose Alvarado are among the underrated prospects in this year’s draft, Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated opines. Preston averaged 15.7 PPG, 7.3 RPG and 7.3 APG last season, while Alvarado averaged 15.2 PPG and 4.1 APG.
- Texas forward Jericho Sims has worked out for the Grizzlies and will work out for the Kings, Darren Wolfson of KSTP tweets.
- What’s the biggest need for each of the lottery teams? Bleacher Report’s Jonathan Wasserman takes a closer look at that subject.