With the 2022/23 NBA season underway, our calendar of important 2022 offseason dates and deadlines can be retired in favor of a list of the key in-season dates for the ’22/23 campaign. Here’s a breakdown of the deadlines and events that will influence player movement for the next several months across the NBA:
- NBA G League draft.
- NBA G League training camps open.
- Deadline for teams to exercise rookie scale options for 2023/24.
- NBA G League Showcase Cup begins.
- Priority order for waiver claims is now based on 2022/23 record, rather than 2021/22 record. Teams with the worst records receive the highest waiver priority.
- Most offseason signees become eligible for inclusion in trades.
- NBA G League Winter Showcase and Showcase Cup championship.
- NBA G League regular season begins.
- First day teams can sign players to 10-day contracts.
- Last day to waive non-guaranteed NBA contracts before they become guaranteed for the rest of the season. Salaries officially guarantee on January 10 if players haven’t cleared waivers before that date.
- The value of teams’ unused mid-level exceptions and bi-annual exceptions begins to prorate downward by 1/174th per day.
- Most other offseason signees become eligible for inclusion in trades.
- Last day to apply for a disabled player exception.
- Last day to waive players on two-way contracts before their salaries become guaranteed for the rest of the season. Salaries officially guarantee on January 20 if players haven’t cleared waivers before that date.
- Former first-round picks who were stashed overseas may sign rookie scale NBA contracts for the 2023/24 season.
- Trade deadline (2:00pm CT).
- All-Star Weekend in Salt Lake City.
- Last day for contract renegotiations.
- Last day a player can be waived by one team and remain eligible to appear in the postseason for another team.
- Last day for a restricted free agent to sign an offer sheet.
- Last day to use a disabled player exception.
- NBA G League regular season ends.
- NBA G League playoffs begin.
- Last day of the NBA regular season.
- Last day players can sign contracts for 2022/23.
- Last day two-way contracts can be converted to standard NBA contracts.
- Luxury tax penalties calculated based on payroll as of this day.
- Playoff rosters set (2:00pm CT).
- NBA play-in tournament.
- NBA playoffs begin.
Larry Coon’s Salary Cap FAQ and NBA.com were used in the creation of this post.
Retweet 5 Share 0 Send via email0
2 thoughts on “Key In-Season NBA Dates, Deadlines For 2022/23”
Amen was off to start the game but woke up late in the 2nd qtr & took over in the 3rd before suffering from cramps late. Very electric performance from the youngster tho. Obv to see why he’s gonna be a top5 pick in the next nba draft… link to m.youtube.com
More twin action as future #1 overall pick Cam Boozer leads his squad (along w/ his bro Cayden) to a W with a 28/20 line vs OTE guys that are mostly 2-3yrs older.. link to m.youtube.com