Kansas freshman guard Gradey Dick announced on ESPN’s NBA Today on Friday that he has decided to enter the 2023 NBA draft and go pro, forgoing his remaining NCAA eligibility, writes Jonathan Givony of ESPN.
Dick had a solid year in his first and only college season, averaging 14.1 PPG and 5.1 RPG with a shooting line of .442/.403/.854 in 36 games (32.7 MPG) for the Jayhawks. He projects as a potential lottery pick, according to Givony, who has Dick ranked at No. 11 on his latest big board. Givony describes the 6’8″ wing as a player with “a high floor and plenty of upside left to tap into.”
Meanwhile, Xavier guard Colby Jones announced on Instagram that he’ll declare for the draft following a junior year in which he put up 15.0 PPG, 5.7 RPG, and 4.4 APG with solid shooting percentages of 50.9% from the floor and 37.8% on three-pointers. He’ll forgo his remaining eligibility and go pro too, he confirms to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports (Twitter link).
Givony, who has Jones ranked 29th overall at ESPN, writes that his “passing ability and all-around feel for the game” are two of his most appealing traits as a prospect, adding that he has also shown defensive toughness.
Finally, Houston guard Marcus Sasser also intends to enter the draft and it sounds like he’ll forgo his final year of eligibility. The announcement he made on Instagram includes no indication that he’s leaving the door open to return to school.
Sasser averaged 17.0 PPG, 3.0 APG, and 2.8 RPG on .438/.399/.826 shooting across 48 games (31.1 MPG) during his final two years with the Cougars. He currently comes in as the No. 36 prospect on ESPN’s top-100 list.
Here are more of the prospects who recently declared for the 2023 draft:
Expected to remain in draft:
- Yuri Collins, G, Saint Louis (senior) (Instagram link)
- Jacob Toppin, F, Kentucky (senior) (press release)
Testing the draft waters:
- Charles Bediako, C, Alabama (sophomore) (Twitter link via Jon Chepkevich of RookieScale.com)
- Reece Beekman, G, Virginia (junior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)
- Note: Beekman is the No. 58 prospect on ESPN’s board.
- Tyrese Hunter, G, Texas (sophomore) (Twitter link)
- Paul Mulcahy, G, Rutgers (senior) (Instagram link)
- Jahvon Quinerly, G, Alabama (senior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)
- Jamarion Sharp, C, Western Kentucky (senior) (Instagram link)
- Note: Sharp is also entering the transfer portal.
- Steele Venters, G, Eastern Washington (junior) (Twitter link via Chepkevich)
- Note: Venters is also entering the transfer portal.
5 thoughts on “Gradey Dick, Colby Jones, Others Declare For NBA Draft”
luka doncic is devin booker father
That’s biologically impossible, genius
Says “Lil D”…right
Gradey “The Goat” Dick
Joe Pantoliano’s character Ralph Cifaretto has a new favorite player.