The NBA has released the official list of early entrants for the 2019 NBA draft, announcing in a press release that 233 players have filed as early entry candidates. Of those prospects, 175 are from colleges, while 58 are international early entrants.
That number falls just short of the previous record for early entrants, established in 2018. Last year, 236 early entrants declared for the draft, though ultimately only 91 of those prospects remained in the draft by the final deadline.
This year’s total of 233 early entrants also figures to shrink significantly by May 29 and again by June 10, the two key deadlines for players to withdraw their names from the draft pool. But it still looks like that pool will remain crowded, with the eventual number of early entrants almost certainly exceeding 60, the number of picks in the draft.
Our list of early entrants is now up to date and can be found right here. Here are today’s updates:
The following players were listed on the NBA’s official breakdown today, but weren’t yet noted on our own list.
- Darius Bazley, F, Princeton HS (OH) (N/A)
- Moses Brown, C, UCLA (freshman)
- Caleb Daniels, G, Tulane (sophomore)
- James Dickey, F, UNC Greensboro (junior)
- David DiLeo, F, Central Michigan (junior)
- Davon Dillard, G, Shaw (NC) (junior)
- Jason Draggs, F, Lee College (TX) (freshman)
- Aljami Durham, G, Indiana (sophomore)
- TJ Gibbs, G, Notre Dame (junior)
- Tony Goodwin II, G/F, Redemption Christian Academy (N/A)
- Jayce Johnson, C, Utah (junior)
- Sacha Killeya-Jones, F, North Carolina State (junior)
- Martin Krampelj, F, Creighton (junior)
- Trevor Manuel, F, Olivet (MI) (junior)
- Davion Mintz, G, Creighton (junior)
- Devonte Patterson, F, Prairie View A&M (junior)
- Lamar Peters, G, Mississippi State (junior)
- Cletrell Pope, F, Bethune-Cookman (junior)
- Nik Popovic, F, Boston College (junior)
- Austin Robinson, G, Kentucky Christian (sophomore)
- Ayinde Russell, G, Morehouse (junior)
- Kevin Samuel, C, TCU (freshman)
- Josh Sharkey, G, Samford (junior)
- Justin Smith, F, Indiana (sophomore)
- Jalen Sykes, F, St. Clair College (Canada) (junior)
- Marlon Taylor, G, LSU (junior)
- Donnie Tillman, F, Utah (sophomore)
The following players reportedly declared for the draft or planned to, but weren’t named in the NBA’s official announcement today. As such, we’ve removed them from our list.
- James Banks III, F, Georgia Tech (junior)
- Samson Froling, F/C, Creighton (freshman)
- Kadre Gray, G, Laurentian (Canada) (junior)
- Vance Jackson, F, New Mexico (sophomore)
- Anthony Lamb, F, Vermont (junior)
- Devontae Shuler, G, Ole Miss (sophomore)
- Xavier Sneed, F, Kansas State (junior)
- Jeremiah Tilmon, F, Missouri (junior)
- Breein Tyree, G, Ole Miss (junior)
The following players were listed on the NBA’s official breakdown today, but weren’t yet noted on our list.
- Adrian Bogucki, C, Poland (born 1999)
- Leandro Bolmaro, G, Argentina (born 2000)
- Panagiotis Kalaitzakis, G/F, Greece (born 1999)
- David Okeke, F, Italy (born 1998)
The following international players reportedly declared for the draft or planned to, but weren’t named in the NBA’s official announcement today. As such, we’ve removed them from our list.
- Kevin Cham, G, France (born 1998)