The NBA has released the official list of early entrants for the 2020 NBA draft, announcing in a press release that 205 players have filed as early entry candidates. Of those prospects, 163 are from colleges, while 42 are international early entrants.
That number falls just short of the previous record for early entrants, established in 2018. Two years ago, 236 early entrants declared for the draft, though ultimately only 91 of those prospects remained in the draft by the final deadline. A year ago, 233 early entrants declared, with 98 remaining in the draft.
This year’s total of 205 early entrants also figures to shrink significantly by June 3 and again by June 15, the two tentative deadlines for players to withdraw their names from the draft pool — assuming those dates aren’t pushed back. But it still looks like the pool will remain crowded, with the eventual number of early entrants likely to exceed 60, the number of picks in the draft.
Our list of early entrants is now up to date and can be found right here. Here are today’s updates:
The following players were listed on the NBA’s official breakdown today, but weren’t yet noted on our own list.
- Timmy Allen, F, Utah (junior)
- Nojel Eastern, G, Purdue (junior)
- Tony Goodwin II, G/F, Redemption Academy (N/A)
- Jalen Hill, F/C, UCLA (sophomore)
- Jay Huff, F, Virginia (junior)
- Chance Hunter, G, Long Beach State (sophomore)
- Damien Jefferson, G/F, Creighton (junior)
- Dakari Johnson, G, Cape Fear CC (freshman)
- Jalen Johnson, F, Louisiana (junior)
- Colbey Ross, G, Pepperdine (junior)
- Joe Saterfield, G/F, Ranger CC (freshman)
- Justin Smith, F, Indiana (junior)
- Ben Stanley, F, Hampton (sophomore)
- Justin Thomas, G, Morehead State (junior)
- Ethan Thompson, G, Oregon State (junior)
- Alonzo Verge Jr., G, Arizona State (junior)
- Ibi Watson, G, Dayton (junior)
The following players reportedly declared for the draft or planned to, but weren’t named in the NBA’s official announcement today. As such, we’ve removed them from our list.
- Paul Atkinson Jr., F, Yale (junior)
- Chaundee Brown, G, Wake Forest (junior)
- Devon Daniels, G, North Carolina State (junior)
- Ceasar DeJesus, G, UCF (junior)
- Cartier Diarra, G, Kansas State (junior)
- Jimma Gatwech, G, Huntington Prep (N/A)
- TeShaun Hightower, G, Tulane (junior)
The following players were listed on the NBA’s official breakdown today, but weren’t yet noted on our list.
- Philippe Bayehe, F, Italy (born 1999)
- Vinicius Da Silva, C, Spain (born 2001)
- Imru Duke, F, Spain (born 1999)
- Michele Ebeling, F, Italy (born 1999)
- Dut Mabor, C, Italy (born 2001)
- Sergi Martinez, F, Spain (born 1999)
- Joel Parra, F, Spain (born 2000)
- Mouhamed Thiam, C, France (born 2001)
- Andrii Voinalovych, F, Ukraine (born 1999)