Baylor junior guard Adam Flagler is withdrawing from the 2022 NBA draft, he tells Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports (Twitter link). Flagler tested the waters and received feedback on his draft stock before deciding to return to school.
“I heard exactly what I needed to be able to show more of what the NBA is looking for, so that this time next year, I will be preparing to get drafted,” Flagler said, per Jeff Borzello of ESPN (Twitter link).
Flagler technically has two years of NCAA eligibility remaining, but it sounds like he’s planning to rejoin the Bears for just one more season.
Here are several more updates on early entrants‘ draft decisions ahead of the NCAA’s June 1 withdrawal deadline:
- A pair of Belmont seniors, Grayson Murphy and Nick Muszynski, intend to pursue professional careers and won’t be returning to school to use their last year of college eligibility next season, tweets Rothstein.
- Big man Fardaws Aimaq, who is coming off his junior year at Utah Valley, is withdrawing from the draft and transferring to Texas Tech, tweets Jeremy Woo of SI.com. Aimaq ranked third in the country with 27 double-doubles in 2021/22, Woo notes.
- The following players are also withdrawing from the draft, according to various reports:
- Cedric Henderson Jr., G/F, Campbell (senior) (Twitter link via Jeff Goodman of Stadium)
- D’Moi Hodge, G, transferring from Cleveland State to Missouri (senior) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Justin Johnson, G/F, Texas-Rio Grande Valley (senior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)
- Isiaih Mosley, G/F, Missouri State (junior) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Bryson Mozone, G/F, transferring from USC Upstate to Georgetown (senior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)
- Caleb Murphy, G, transferring from South Florida to DePaul (sophomore) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Gus Okafor, F, transferring from Southeastern Louisiana to Wichita State (junior) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Osun Osunniyi, F/C, transferring from St. Bonaventure to Iowa State (senior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)
- KJ Simon, G, UT-Martin (junior) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Jamari Smith, F, transferring from Queens University (NC) to Murray State (junior) (Twitter link via Goodman)
- Jahmir Young, G, transferring from Charlotte to Maryland (junior) (Twitter link via Rothstein)