On the cusp of an earlier report this week that said most Knicks players were working out together before training camp, New York enters this season as a team with no excuses, writes Keith Schlosser of KnicksJournal.com.
Here are a few other notes from around the league.
- According to a tweet from the Charlotte Observer's Rick Bonnell, Cory Higgins will be in Bobcats training camp competing for the team's third point guard spot.
- Warriors center Andrew Bogut is expected to be in uniform and ready to play in the team's season opener against the Suns, reports Sean Deveney of The Sporting News.
- Mavericks head coach Rick Carlisle has to deal with five incoming free agents, but unlike most coaches in the league, it shouldn't be a problem for the lead man in Dallas, writes ESPNDallas.com's Richard Durrett.
- In the midst of rebuilding, the Pistons are loaded with young players that should hopefully grow into a something special given the time they're putting in the gym this offseason, writes Pistons.com's Keith Langlois.
- The Orlando Sentinel's Brian Schmitz tweets that the Magic are expected to sign one or two more free agents to fill out their training camp roster.
- The Clippers have added several veterans this offseason, like Grant Hill, Lamar Odom, and Jamal Crawford. NBA.com's Eric Patten writes that if the additions can stay healthy, the Clippers have positioned themselves to make a deep playoff run.
- Sam Amico of FoxSportsOhio.com covers the remaining free agents that have yet to be signed.
- Dwyane Wade believes the Bulls need Derrick Rose at full strength if they want to contend in the Eastern Conference Finals, let alone the NBA championship, writes ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell.