On this date in 1957, Celtics center Bill Russell pulled down 32 rebounds in one half of action against the Philadelphia Warriors. That total still stands as an NBA record and he finished the game with 49, which was the high watermark at that time. In February of 1960, Russell grabbed 51 rebounds in a game against Syracuse, a new full game record, but Wilt Chamberlain later eclipsed him with 55 in November of that year.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at [email protected] Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Fantasy Basketball Money Leagues wonders how far the Rockets will go.
- Air Alamo wonders if Cory Joseph could be a trade chip.
- New York Sports Guys looks at the state of the Knicks.
- Brew Hoop is worried about Larry Sanders and Brandon Knight.
- Blazer’s Edge is optimistic about Portland’s bench.
- Denver Stiffs broke down Brian Shaw‘s recent presser.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at [email protected].