Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio talked Cavaliers and trade rumors in a chat today, sharing some noteworthy items along the way. Here are a few of the highlights:
- Teams are beginning to show more interest in Antawn Jamison, but it doesn't sound as if any talks have gotten serious yet. When I examined Jamison as a trade candidate three weeks ago, I wrote that I wasn't expecting the Cavaliers to move him. Amico agrees, saying Jamison probably only gets dealt if Cleveland finds a desperate trade partner.
- Derrick Favors, the third overall pick in 2010, is on the trade block, according to Amico. The Jazz would like to acquire a point guard or small forward.
- Pistons GM Joe Dumars is "really working the phone," which Dumars himself confirmed this week. Amico thinks Detroit could be a candidate for Andray Blatche. I'd assume if the Pistons were to discuss Blatche with the Wizards, Detroit would want to include Charlie Villanueva in any deal.
- Amico hears there's not much to the Cavs' reported interest in Marvin Williams, though he adds that Williams does want out of Atlanta.
- It's not a sure thing that Ramon Sessions will opt out and sign elsewhere at season's end. He's open to remaining in Cleveland, though he knows his minutes may be limited behind Kyrie Irving.