Following the Hornets' lottery win, ESPN.com's Chad Ford published his newest mock draft, which includes a handful of interesting scenarios, including Dion Waiters jumping to eighth overall and Austin Rivers slipping to 18th. With less than four weeks until draft day, Ford continues to talk to sources and visit workouts to get a better sense of how things will play out on June 28th. His latest draft blog (Insider link) explores potential options for the top 10 picks and is chock-full of interesting tidbits. Let's round up some of the highlights….
- If the Bobcats keep the number two pick, they'll probably decide between Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Thomas Robinson. If they consider trading the pick to gain more assets, the Cavs are worth keeping an eye on — Cleveland likes Kidd-Gilchrist and could potentially offer the fourth and 24th picks.
- We've heard the Wizards won't be trading their pick, and Ford says Washington will be happy to take Kidd-Gilchrist and Bradley Beal at No. 3.
- If the Cavs stay put at No. 4, they'd also like Kidd-Gilchrist or Beal. If those players are picked second and third, Cleveland figures to consider a number of prospects, including Harrison Barnes, Andre Drummond, and even Jeremy Lamb.
- The Kings could be open to trading their fifth pick, since they need veteran help.
- Ford wouldn't be shocked to see the Blazers move one or both of their lottery picks for a young point guard. Kyle Lowry, Darren Collison, and Eric Bledsoe are a few potential trade candidates.
- The Warriors like Jared Sullinger and Terrence Jones at No. 7.
- The Raptors have been "looking hard" at Waiters, Lamb, Damian Lillard, and Terrence Ross at No. 8. Moe Harkless could also be in the mix.
- There's no perfect fit for the Pistons at No. 9, though John Henson would help the team add some size.
- "All signals point" to the Hornets taking a point guard with the tenth overall pick. Lillard, Waiters, and Kendall Marshall are options.