Earlier tonight, we learned that Game 5 hero Mike Miller is currently weighing his options and isn't sure if he'll return to basketball in 2012/13. The veteran guard is still under contract for three more seasons and nearly $19MM, but he may look to go out on top after winning his first NBA title in memorable fashion. Here's the latest batch of links out of SoBe and the rest of the division..
- The Magic have yet to reach out to Brian Shaw in regards to their coaching vacancy, league sources tell Brian K. Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel (via Twitter). Shaw is said to be one of three coaching assistants who will be considered for the opening.
- The Heat will face difficult decisions in trying to keep their team together and improve on it for next season, writes Ken Berger of CBSSports.com. Berger writes that even if Miller retires due to his various injuries, the club would only be able to fill the gaps with minimum-salaried players and/or two $3.1MM players.
- While the Knicks, Nets, Clippers and Cavs all promised LeBron James the moon two years ago, Pat Riley had the resume to support his sales pitch, writes Frank Isola of the New York Daily News.
- Former NBA coach Gar Heard believes that Miami is going to need some serious help in the frontcourt this summer, tweets Dwain Price of the Star-Telegram.
- It remains to be seen whether James and the Heat will win multiple titles as he predicted, but Earl Bloom of the Orange County Register likes his chances.