Let's round up a few Tuesday afternoon odds and ends from around the league:
- Recent signees J.R. Smith, O.J. Mayo, and Carl Landry are among Lang Greene's picks for players that could significantly boost their stocks heading into free agency next summer. Check out Greene's piece at HoopsWorld for his full list.
- A number of former Suns are still available in free agency, so Paul Coro of the Arizona Republic decides to round up the reports to date on Leandro Barbosa, Louis Amundson, Matt Barnes, and the rest.
- Earl K. Sneed of Mavs.com explores whether the Mavericks' bench production will experience a drop-off with Jason Terry no longer on the team.
- On a Warriors team that hopes and expects to contend for the playoffs this season, Richard Jefferson's postseason experience could be valuable, argues Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com.
- Joel Brigham of HoopsWorld identifies five international prospects whose names could be announced in next June's NBA draft.
- Sekou Smith of NBA.com recaps the Trail Blazers' summer and looks ahead to the coming season, writing that the team has basically started the rebuilding process from scratch.