As we continue counting down the days to next week's trade deadline, let's catch up on a few odds and ends from around the NBA:
- Asked about the trade deadline during an appearance on KBME in Houston, Jeremy Lin said he loves the current Rockets players, though he "definitely" wouldn't be averse to a deal that makes the team better (link via Chris Fedor of Sports Radio Interviews).
- Dale Kasler of the Sacramento Bee has the latest details on the Kings sale, reporting that the Maloofs have given bankruptcy trustee David Flemmer some of the documents regarding the sale of the team to the Seattle group.
- In their weekly Insider-only draft piece for ESPN.com, Chad Ford and Jay Bilas take a look at the nation's best mid-major prospects.
- Kevin Pelton also has a new Insider-only piece up at ESPN.com, in which he examines potential buy-low opportunities on the trade market. Pelton's list includes Andrea Bargnani, DeJuan Blair, and Derrick Williams, three players we've profiled in our trade candidate series.
- Jose Calderon spoke to Shams Charania of RealGM.com about adjusting to life with the Pistons, adding that he can envision himself in Detroit long-term.
- ESPN.com's 5-on-5 panel weighs in on whether a number of trade candidates, including Carlos Boozer, Zach Randolph, and Iman Shumpert, should be moved.