Adi Joseph of USA Today breaks down the Nuggets‘ biggest draft needs. According to the article, the team has enough depth to afford to take a best-available approach, and may consider attempting to move up in order to get the elite-tier star their roster so desperately needs. Joseph also thinks the team needs to add help in the backcourt, and mentions Gary Harris, Nik Stauskas, Elfrid Payton, and Kyle Anderson as fits with the team’s system.
More on the upcoming 2014 NBA draft:
- In a separate article, Joseph breaks down the Knicks draft needs. The team currently doesn’t have any picks, but if they can acquire one, their biggest needs according to Joseph are youth, a backup center, and a point guard.
- The Knicks, Blazers, Kings and Pelicans are among the teams trying to acquire picks in this year’s NBA draft, reports Alex Kennedy of Basketball Insiders (Twitter link).
- Kennedy also notes that some executives suspect that Mitch McGary has a promise from a team selecting in the 20s (Twitter link). Several teams are having a difficult time getting McGary in for a workout, according to Kennedy.
- JaKarr Sampson will work out for the Kings on Saturday, the team announced via Twitter. Sampson will be taking Rodney Hood‘s place in the workout.
- Nick Johnson, Brandon Jefferson, Jerrelle Benimon, and Isaiah Sykes worked out for the Nuggets today, writes Christopher Dempsey of The Denver Post. Dempsey also notes that Sykes was unable to complete the workout due to a hamstring injury.