The NBA announced that the salary cap for 2015/16 will be $70MM, an 11% increase from this past season, and the luxury tax line will be $84.74MM. The last cap projection from the league had been set at $67.1MM, and the projection for the tax had been $81.6MM. These figures mean the maximum salaries for this coming season are also going to be higher than estimated, so LaMarcus Aldridge, Marc Gasol, Kawhi Leonard and others who’ve agreed to max contracts this month will earn more cash than they thought.
The league also tabulated final payrolls for each team from last season, revealing that players collectively made less than the 50.39% of basketball-related income that the collective bargaining agreement holds that they’re entitled to. Thus, the league will pay out the $57,298,826 shortfall to the union, which will distribute that amongst the players.
Here’s the rest of the happenings from the week that was…
- The Lakers acquired Roy Hibbert from the Pacers in exchange for a future second-rounder.
- The Knicks acquired Kyle O’Quinn via a sign-and-trade deal with the Magic. Orlando will receive cash considerations as well as the rights to swap a second-round draft pick in 2019 in return.
- The Kings dealt Ray McCallum to San Antonio for a future second-round pick.
- The Mavericks acquired Zaza Pachulia from the Bucks for a future second round pick.
You can keep up with all of the offseason trades here.
- LeBron James re-signed with the Cavaliers on a two-year, maximum salary deal.
- The Pistons re-signed restricted free agent guard Reggie Jackson to a five-year, $80MM deal.
- The Cavs and Mo Williams signed a two-year, $4.3MM contract.
- Amar’e Stoudemire signed a one-year deal with the Heat.
- The Raptors signed Bismack Biyombo for two years, and $6MM.
- The Magic agreed to a one-year, $4.3MM deal with Jason Smith.
- The Pacers and Rodney Stuckey reached an agreement on a deal worth $21MM over three years.
- The Raptors signed Cory Joseph to a four-year year deal worth $30MM. The Spurs had pulled their qualifying offer to the point guard, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Magic and C.J. Watson reached an agreement on a three-year, $15MM deal.
- The Bulls agreed to a deal to re-sign Aaron Brooks for one year at the minimum salary.
- The Wizards and unrestricted free agent Alan Anderson agreed to a one-year, $4MM pact.
- The Pistons re-signed Joel Anthony to a two-year, $5MM pact.
- The Heat signed Gerald Green to a one-year, minimum salary deal.
- The Hornets signed Jeremy Lin to a two-year, approximately $4MM deal.
- The Hawks signed Justin Holiday to a two-year deal.
- The Raptors signed Luis Scola to a one year, approximately $3MM deal.
- The Nets signed Wayne Ellington to a two-year, $3MM deal.
- The Nets signed Willie Reed to a one-year pact.
- Jordan Hill agreed to sign with the Pacers.
- The Knicks re-signed Lance Thomas to a one-year, $1.6MM deal.
- The Wizards agreed to re-sign Drew Gooden to a one year, $3.3MM contract.
- The Grizzlies agreed to a five-year deal with Marc Gasol.
- The Spurs signed LaMarcus Aldridge to a four year, and approximately $80MM contract.
- DeAndre Jordan re-signed with the Clippers for four years and $87.6MM.
- The Spurs re-signed Tim Duncan to a two-year deal that would pay him $5MM this season with a player option for year two.
- The Spurs signed David West to a one-year, minimum salary deal.
- Lou Williams signed a three-year, $21MM deal with the Lakers.
- Joe Ingles and the Jazz signed a pact worth $4.5MM over two years.
- The Timberwolves signed Kevin Garnett to a two-year deal.
- The Mavericks re-signed J.J. Barea.
- Manu Ginobili agreed to re-sign with the Spurs on a deal worth $5.7MM over two years.
- The Mavs and Charlie Villanueva agreed to a minimum salary arrangement.
- The Kings and Kosta Koufos agreed to a four-year deal worth $33MM.
- Leandro Barbosa agreed to re-sign with the Warriors on a one-year, $2.5MM pact.
- The Timberwolves agreed to a three-year, $11.7MM deal with draft-and-stash prospect Nemanja Bjelica.
- Omri Casspi re-signed with the Kings on a two-year, $6MM deal.
- The Lakers signed free agent forward Brandon Bass.
- The Suns agreed to sign Mirza Teletovic to a one-year deal for $5.5MM.
- Wesley Johnson signed a minimum salary deal with the Clippers.
- Dante Cunningham re-signed with the Pelicans.
- The Mavs signed Jeremy Evans to a two-year deal.
- The Suns agreed to a two-year, $5.8MM contract with Sonny Weems.
- The Suns agreed to a one-year, minimum salary arrangement with Ronnie Price.
- The Jazz signed draft-and-stash prospect Raul Neto to a three-year, $2.8MM pact.
- The Pelicans agreed to re-sign Luke Babbitt.
- The Spurs reached an agreement with unrestricted free agent Jonathon Simmons.
- The Kings and Caron Butler agreed on a two-year deal.
- The Spurs and All-Euroleague First Team center Boban Marjanovic agreed to a one-year deal.
- The Clippers intend to sign Cole Aldrich to a two-year deal.
- The Nuggets are finalizing a four-year deal with Nikola Jokic, whom Denver drafted 41st overall last year.
- The Pelicans and Alonzo Gee agreed to a two year pact.
You can stay up to date on all of the signings with Hoops Rumors’ free agent tracker.
- The Trail Blazers signed Thunder restricted free agent Enes Kanter to a four-year, maximum salary offer sheet.
2015 NBA Draft Pick Signings
- The Timberwolves signed No. 1 overall pick Karl-Anthony Towns to a rookie scale deal.
- The Lakers signed first round draft picks D’Angelo Russell and Larry Nance Jr. to rookie scale deals.
- The Nets signed Rondae Hollis-Jefferson to a rookie scale contract.
- The Wolves inked Tyus Jones to a rookie scale deal.
- The Jazz signed Trey Lyles to a rookie scale pact.
- The Sixers signed center Jahlil Okafor to a rookie scale contract.
- The Bulls inked Bobby Portis to a rookie scale deal.
- The Rockets signed Sam Dekker to a rookie scale deal.
- The Warriors signed Kevon Looney to a rookie scale contract.
- The Trail Blazers signed Pat Connaughton to a rookie scale contract.
- The Lakers signed Anthony Brown to a rookie scale deal.
- The Wizards signed Kelly Oubre to a rookie-scale contract.
- The Grizzlies signed Jarell Martin to a rookie scale deal.
- The Magic signed Mario Hezonja to a rookie scale deal.
- The Thunder signed Cameron Payne to a rookie scale deal.
You can stay up to date on all of the 2015 NBA Draft signings here.
- The Nets and Deron Williams reportedly reached an agreement on a buyout arrangement. Williams is expected to sign with the Mavericks if he clears waivers.
- The Raptors waived Luke Ridnour.
- The Hawks waived Austin Daye.
- The Timberwolves rescinded their qualifying offer to Robbie Hummel, making him an unrestricted free agent.
- The Bulls announced that Randy Brown and Charlie Henry have been hired as assistant coaches, and that Mike Wilhelm will be retained as an assistant coach on Fred Hoiberg’s coaching staff.
- Jordan Farmar signed with Israel’s Maccabi Tel Aviv.
- The NBA fined Mavericks team owner Mark Cuban $25k for publicly confirming the team’s pending free-agent deals with DeAndre Jordan and Wesley Matthews.
- The Celtics officially renounced their rights to Shaquille O’Neal, Stephon Marbury, Michael Olowokandi, Michael Finley, Carlos Arroyo, Nenad Krstic, P.J. Brown, and Scot Pollard, which in turn removes their cap holds.