At the time the Kings finished their 2015/16 campaign, Rajon Rondo was the only player on the roster on track for unrestricted free agency. Since then, James Anderson and Quincy Acy have opted out of their contracts, and Caron Butler could follow suit, but Rondo will be the key free agent to watch. If Sacramento doesn’t bring him back, the team will need to address its point guard situation — Darren Collison is the only player under contract at the position, and he was recently arrested on a domestic violence charge, which could affect his availability for next season, depending on how the case plays out. The guaranteed contracts on the Kings’ books, along with the No. 8 overall pick, amount to about $64MM, so the team should have a good chunk of cap room to utilize if Rondo lands elsewhere.
See how Sacramento’s cap situation looks for 2016/17 as Hoops Rumors continues its offseason salary cap digest series.
- DeMarcus Cousins ($16,957,900)
- Rudy Gay ($13,333,333)
- Kosta Koufos ($8,046,500)
- Marco Belinelli ($6,333,333)
- Darren Collison ($5,229,454)
- Ben McLemore ($4,008,882)
- Willie Cauley-Stein ($3,551,160)
- Omri Casspi ($2,963,814)
- (Wayne Ellington $882,630) — Salary remaining from release via stretch provision
- Total: $61,307,006
- Caron Butler ($1,551,659)
- Duje Dukan ($874,636)
- Seth Curry ($1,215,696/$1,215,696)1
- Eric Moreland ($1,180,431/$1,180,431)
- Totals: ($2,396,127/$2,396,127)
Unrestricted Free Agents (Cap Holds)
Other Cap Holds
- No. 8 pick ($2,451,200)
Projected Salary Cap: $92,000,000
The Basketball Insiders salary pages were used in the creation of this post.