Here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past seven days:
- The Heat confirmed they extended the contract of coach Erik Spoelstra during the offseason.
- PG Bryce Cotton signed with the Perth Wildcats in Australia.
- The Mavericks signed PG Pierre Jackson.
- PF Ante Zizic, a Celtics draft-and-stash prospect, is making the jump to the Euroleague after playing in Croatia.
- The Spurs released PG Nicolas Laprovittola.
- The Bulls released SG R.J. Hunter.
- The Mavericks released PG Jonathan Gibson.
- Heat PF Josh McRoberts is out indefinitely with a foot injury.
- Celtics training camp invitee Damion Lee has a torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season.
- Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy declared that “everything is on the table” regarding changes for his slumping team.
- Timberwolves C Nikola Pekovic could be headed for retirement because of persistent injury issues.
- The Lakers brought in free agent PF Donatas Motiejunas for an audition but didn’t sign him.
- Euro F Rade Zagorac will likely join the Grizzlies next season.
- Lakers PF Larry Nance Jr. is expected to miss four weeks because of a bone bruise to his left knee.
- The Cavs could deal draft-and-stash prospect Cedi Osman in the near future.
- The Suns would like to move PG Brandon Knight before the February trade deadline.
- The Bulls are mulling a coaching change as the team continues to flounder under Fred Hoiberg.
- The Rockets are interested in acquiring Kings big man Kosta Koufos.
- The Magic could be in the mix for Kings C DeMarcus Cousins if he goes on the trading block.
- The Bucks are still trying to trade C Greg Monroe.