The first week of 2017 was a busy one as the Hawks began what appears to be a rebuild and NBA teams throughout the league scrambled to make decisions on players with non-guaranteed contracts. The deadline to cut a partially guaranteed player is today.
- The Nets could make a strong push for pending free agent Otto Porter this offseason.
- The Hawks are looking for no less than a first-round pick for Paul Millsap. Here are the latest headlines on the matter.
- The Knicks could make a bid to acquire P.J. Tucker from the Suns.
- The Celtics hold the rights to a very valuable Nets pick and aren’t afraid to trade it.
- The Jusuf Nurkic/Nikola Jokic experiment isn’t working out and the Nuggets are supposedly shopping him.
- Word has it that the Nets could be looking for two first-round picks for Brook Lopez.
- The Trail Blazers may be considering a deal to acquire Tyson Chandler from the Suns.
- The Cavaliers have traded for sharpshooter Kyle Korver. In exchange, the Hawks receive Mike Dunleavy Jr., Mo Williams and a 2019 first-round pick.
- The Cavaliers separately traded their 2017 first-round pick to the Trail Blazers in order to re-acquire their 2018 first-round pick.
- The Pelicans have signed center Donatas Motiejunas.
- The Hornets waived Aaron Harrison.
- The Sixers waived Hollis Thompson.
- The Suns waived John Jenkins.
- The Nuggets waived Alonzo Gee.
- The Hawks waived Ryan Kelly.
- The Mavs waived Pierre Jackson.
- The Magic waived Arinze Onuaku.
- The Timberwolves waived John Lucas III.
- Things haven’t gone well for Rajon Rondo this season. The guard will ask to be traded from the Bulls if he continues getting benched.
- In light of Justise Winslow‘s season-ending surgery, the Heat have applied for a disabled player exception.
- After missing the first two months of the season, Alec Burks returned for the Jazz.
- There’s a growing sentiment that the Celtics may already have a star to build around: Isaiah Thomas.
- Almost healthy, Jarrett Jack plans to hold an open audition for interested NBA teams.
- After a surprisingly productive season last year, Carl Landry is similarly looking to join an NBA team.
- After speaking candidly in a radio interview, Andrew Bogut drew criticism for saying he won’t likely return to the Mavs.
- The Cavaliers must acquire a backup point guard, says LeBron James.
- Though a centerpiece of trade speculation all week, Paul Millsap was nearly traded twice already in the last year.