Having created a post last week to track this offseason’s player option decisions, we’re turning our attention today to team options. In the coming weeks, we’ll use the space below to keep tabs on all the team options for 2017/18, making note of whether they’re picked up or declined.
True team options are somewhat rare in the NBA, since teams have typically preferred to include a non-guaranteed year or two in player contracts. Non-guaranteed salaries are less restrictive and provide a little more flexibility than team options, which clubs must act upon by a specific date (June 29) each year.
Still, there are several team options around the NBA for the 2017/18 season, as detailed below. We’ll keep this list updated through the end of June to note the latest decisions.
Here’s the current breakdown:
- DeAndre Liggins, Mavericks ($1,577,230): Exercised
- David Nwaba, Lakers ($1,312,611): Exercised
- Wayne Selden, Grizzlies ($1,312,611): Declined
- Robert Covington, Sixers ($1,577,230): Exercised
- Jerami Grant, Thunder ($1,524,305): Exercised
- K.J. McDaniels, Nets ($3,476,873): Declined
- Lavoy Allen, Pacers ($4,000,000): Declined
- Dirk Nowitzki, Mavericks ($25,000,000): Declined
- Christian Wood, Hornets ($1,471,382): Declined