On this date in 1999, A.C. Green of the Lakers tied former ABA and NBA star Ron Boone for the longest consecutive games played streak in professional basketball history by playing in his 1,041st game when the Lakers host the Utah Jazz at Staples Center. Green became the NBA’s all-time iron man when he played his 907th consecutive game while a member of the Dallas Mavericks on November 20, 1997, passing Randy Smith, who played in 906 consecutive games for Buffalo, San Diego, Cleveland, and New York. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Keep It Cavalier tries to diagnose what’s wrong with the Cavs’ offense.
- Red94 talks Terrence Jones‘ emergence in this week’s podcast.
- Hoop76 breaks down the Sixers’ pack the paint defense.
- 48 Minutes Of Hell says Kawhi Leonard has to pick it up.
- Blazer’s Edge talks Wesley Matthews and more in the weekly mailbag.
- Bourbon Street Shots presents part two of small sample size theater.
- Raptors Republic comes to the aid of Kyle Lowry.
- Celtics Life explains why Derrick Rose‘s injury should have no impact on Rajon Rondo‘s return.
- Ballin Europe might have the buzzer beater of the year.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, email Zach at [email protected]