All three Texas teams are better than .500 through three games, and the Spurs are the league's first team to go 3-0 this season. The addition of James Harden to the Rockets might give all three Lonestar State clubs a shot at the postseason this year, though last night's loss to the Blazers showed Houston still has some work to do, as we cover below in our roundup of items from the Texas Triangle.
- This summer, the Mavs strongly considered signing point guard Ramon Sessions, tweets Dwain Price of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Sessions wound up with the Bobcats instead.
- The Mavs declined their 2013/14 option for Dominique Jones and made multiple efforts to trade him within the last week or so, but last night Jones might have delivered the best performance of his career, as Eddie Sefko of the Dallas Morning News writes.
- While Harden seemingly did it all in his first two outings, last night's signs of fatigue demonstrate why the Rockets have to find a complementary scorer, observes Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle. Colleague Randy Harvey concurs.
- Undrafted Xavier point guard Tu Holloway, whom the Mavs waived right before training camp, has signed to play for Aliaga Petkim in Turkey, Sportando's Emiliano Carchia reports.
- As we noted earlier, the Rockets were the first team to contact the Thunder about Harden.