With 2016’s major free agent period winding down and the preseason on its way, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Knicks signed Ron Baker.
- The Warriors signed Elliot Williams.
- The Knicks signed J.P. Tokoto.
- The Raptors signed Jarrod Uthoff.
- The Cavaliers re-signed James Jones.
- The Clippers signed Alan Anderson.
- The Cavaliers signed DeAndre Liggins.
- The Knicks signed Chasson Randle.
- Ryan Boatright signed with the Foshan Lions in China.
- Carlos Boozer will also play in China next season.
- Amar’e Stoudemire signed with Hapoel Jerusalem.
- Jimmer Fredette signed with the Shanghai Sharks of China.
- Kenny Gabriel signed with Kuban of Russia.
- The Wizards intend to exercise their third-year option on Kelly Oubre.
- The Timberwolves hired Noah Croom as their new assistant GM.
- The Sixers officially announced that they named Jim O’Brien and Kevin Young as assistant coaches, John Bryant and Alvin Williams as player development coaches, John Townsend as shooting coach, Chris Babcock as assistant director of player development and Dr. Lance Pearson as director of applied analytics. Philadelphia also relayed that Eugene Burroughs, who spent the last two seasons as the Sixers’ shooting coach, has been promoted to head coach of the team’s D-League affiliate in Delaware.