With 2016’s offseason winding down and the preseason almost upon us, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Trail Blazers signed Greg Stiemsma.
- The Bucks signed Xavier Henry.
- The Kings signed Jordan Farmar.
- The Cavaliers signed Eric Moreland.
- The Celtics signed Jalen Jones and Damion Lee.
- The Warriors signed Elgin Cook.
- The Suns signed Mike Moser, Shaquille Harrison, and Derrick Jones Jr..
- The Warriors signed Cameron Jones.
- The Warriors signed JaVale McGee.
- The Raptors signed Brady Heslip.
- The Bulls signed D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera.
- The Hawks agreed to a deal with Richard Solomon.
- The Nuggets signed Nate Wolters.
- The Pistons signed Nikola Jovanovic.
- The Hawks signed Ryan Kelly and Will Bynum.
- Tibor Pleiss signed with the Turkish team Galatasaray Odeabank Istanbul.
- DeAndre Daniels signed with the Italian team Stings Mantov.
- Malcolm Lee signed with the Turkish club Trabzonspor.
- Heat swingman Josh Richardson suffered a partially torn MCL in his right knee and will miss six to eight weeks of action.
- The Nuggets named Chuck Hayes as their Associate of Basketball Operations.
- Mario Hezonja signed with Creative Artists Agency for representation.
- The Lakers officially named Coby Karl as the coach of the L.A. D-Fenders, their D-League affiliate.
- LeBron James, James Jones and Chris Paul were served with notices of deposition in former NBA players’ union executive director Billy Hunter’s wrongful termination lawsuit against the NBPA.
- Mitch McGary was suspended an additional 10 games by the league for non-compliance with the NBA’s drug policy. His suspension is now 15 games.
- The Suns hired Mehmet Okur as player development coach.
- The Nuggets hired former Rockets assistant Chris Finch to join their coaching staff.
- Suns forward P.J. Tucker will miss six to eight weeks after undergoing a successful microdiscectomy procedure on his lower back.
- Nate Loenser was named the head coach of the Bulls’ new D-League affiliate, the Windy City Bulls.
- The Spurs added former Pelicans head coach Monty Williams to their basketball operations staff and Landry Fields as a college scout.
- Grizzlies center Marc Gasol, who missed the end of the 2015/16 season and the Olympics after breaking his foot in February, has been cleared to return to the court.