The 2016/17 NBA regular season will get underway next week, which means it’s time to start getting serious about predictions for the upcoming campaign. With the help of the lines from offshore betting site Bovada.lv, we’re going to run through the predicted win totals for each of the NBA’s 30 teams, by division, and have you weigh in on whether you think those forecasts are too optimistic or too pessimistic. Having looked at the Atlantic, Northwest, and Central divisions so far, we’re moving on to the Southwest today…
San Antonio Spurs
- 2015/16 record: 67-15
- Over/under for 2016/17: 58.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Pau Gasol, Dewayne Dedmon, David Lee, Dejounte Murray, Livio Jean-Charles. Lost Tim Duncan, David West, Boris Diaw, Boban Marjanovic, Matt Bonner, Kevin Martin, Andre Miller.
(App users, click here for Spurs poll)
- 2015/16 record: 41-41
- Over/under for 2016/17: 44 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Nene, Pablo Prigioni, Tyler Ennis, Chinanu Onuaku. Lost Dwight Howard, Jason Terry, Josh Smith, Terrence Jones, Michael Beasley.
(App users, click here for Rockets poll)
- 2015/16 record: 42-40
- Over/under for 2016/17: 42.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Chandler Parsons, Troy Daniels, James Ennis, Wade Baldwin, Andrew Harrison, Deyonta Davis. Lost Lance Stephenson, Matt Barnes, Chris Andersen, Jordan Farmar, P.J. Hairston.
(App users, click here for Grizzlies poll)
- 2015/16 record: 42-40
- Over/under for 2016/17: 38.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Harrison Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Seth Curry, Quincy Acy. Lost Chandler Parsons, Zaza Pachulia, Raymond Felton, David Lee, Charlie Villanueva.
(App users, click here for Mavericks poll)
New Orleans Pelicans
- 2015/16 record: 30-52
- Over/under for 2016/17: 37 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Solomon Hill, E’Twaun Moore, Buddy Hield, Langston Galloway, Terrence Jones, Cheick Diallo. Lost Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Luke Babbitt, Toney Douglas, Norris Cole, James Ennis.
(App users, click here for Pelicans poll)
Previous voting results:
- Boston Celtics (52.5 wins): Under (54.59%)
- Toronto Raptors (50.5 wins): Over (54.63%)
- New York Knicks (38.5 wins): Over (71.41%)
- Philadelphia 76ers (23.5 wins): Under (54.62%)
- Brooklyn Nets (20.5 wins): Under (60.74%)
- Utah Jazz (49 wins): Under (68.72%)
- Portland Trail Blazers (45.5 wins): Over (69.92%)
- Oklahoma City Thunder (43.5 wins): Over (65.71%)
- Minnesota Timberwolves (40.5 wins): Over (50.11%)
- Denver Nuggets (37 wins): Under (68.81%)
- Cleveland Cavaliers (56.5 wins): Over (66.5%)
- Detroit Pistons (44.5 wins): Over (55.03%)
- Indiana Pacers (44.5 wins): Over (73.06%)
- Chicago Bulls (38.5 wins): Over (61.9%)
- Milwaukee Bucks (34.5 wins): Over (67.48%)