The 2016/17 NBA regular season will get underway in just a week and a half, which means it’s time to start getting serious about predictions for the upcoming campaign. With the help of the lines from offshore betting site Bovada.lv, we’re going to run through the predicted win totals for each of the NBA’s 30 teams, by division, and have you weigh in on whether you think those forecasts are too optimistic or too pessimistic. We’ll kick things off today with the Atlantic division…
- 2015/16 record: 48-34
- Over/under for 2016/17: 52.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Al Horford, Jaylen Brown. Lost Jared Sullinger, Evan Turner.
(App users, click here for Celtics poll)
- 2015/16 record: 56-26
- Over/under for 2016/17: 50.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Jared Sullinger, Jakob Poeltl, Pascal Siakam. Lost Bismack Biyombo, Luis Scola, James Johnson.
(App users, click here for Raptors poll)
New York Knicks
- 2015/16 record: 32-50
- Over/under for 2016/17: 38.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Derrick Rose, Courtney Lee, Joakim Noah, Brandon Jennings. Lost Arron Afflalo, Robin Lopez, Langston Galloway, Derrick Williams, Jose Calderon.
(App users, click here for Knicks poll)
- 2015/16 record: 10-72
- Over/under for 2016/17: 23.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Ben Simmons, Dario Saric, Jerryd Bayless, Gerald Henderson, Sergio Rodriguez, Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot. Lost Ish Smith, Carl Landry, Isaiah Canaan, Kendall Marshall.
(App users, click here for Sixers poll)
- 2015/16 record: 21-61
- Over/under for 2016/17: 20.5 wins
- Offseason in review: Added Jeremy Lin, Trevor Booker, Luis Scola, Greivis Vasquez, Randy Foye, Caris LeVert. Lost Thaddeus Young, Jarrett Jack, Wayne Ellington, Thomas Robinson, Shane Larkin, Donald Sloan, Markel Brown.
(App users, click here for Nets poll)