With critical offseason decisions already being made and the NBA Draft Lottery a mere days away, we had another busy week in the Association. Here’s our recap of what you need to know for the past seven days:
- Kyle Lowry confirms that he will opt out of his contract with the Raptors.
- Rudy Gay of the Kings will also opt out of his contract.
- Kristaps Porzingis tweets message to the Clippers. Or was he hacked?
- According to Kristaps Porzingis’ brother, Kristaps wishes to remain in New York.
- Houston’s Mike D’Antoni and Miami’s Erik Spoelstra were named co-recipients of the NBA Coaches Association’s first Coach of the Year Award.
- Raptors president of basketball operations Masai Ujiri admitted that it would be impossible for the team to re-sign all four of its key free agents.
- Sean Deveney reported that Donatas Motiejunas was pursuing legal action against the Rockets and the NBA, prompting Motiejunas to refute the claim on social media.
- The Clippers are finalizing their plans to unveil a D-League team of their own next season.
- Rudy Gobert will not play for Team France in Eurobasket 2017.
- There may have been “philosophical” differences in the Hawks front office.
- League sources believe that Troy Weaver will emerge as a top candidate to head the Hawks front office.
- The Kings are reportedly not in the mix for Serbian international star Milos Teodosic after all.
- It is being widely speculated that Danny Ainge of the Celtics is determined to keep the Nets‘ 2007 first-round pick.
- The Mavericks have reportedly begun the process of signing Chinese free agent Ding Jinhui.
- Draft-and-stash Sixers prospect Furkan Korkmaz hopes to join the team for next season.
- Markelle Fultz will interview with several teams at the combine.
- The Mavericks are more likely to keep their pick than trade it.
- The Lakers are focused on four prospects for their potential lottery pick.
- Duke guard Frank Jackson will remain in the draft.
- Chance Comanche too will remain in the draft, as will James Blackmon.
- Nene was ruled out for the remainder of the postseason.
- Allen Crabbe will undergo foot surgery.
- Steve Kerr had a spinal cord leak procedure.
- Tyler Ulis underwent a surgical procedure on his right ankle.