After postseason contests on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday were postponed due to player protests, the NBA has announced its new playoff schedule for the weekend. That schedule is as follows:
Saturday, August 29
- Bucks vs. Magic, Game 5 — 3:30pm ET
- Rockets vs. Thunder, Game 5 — 6:30pm ET
- Lakers vs. Trail Blazers, Game 5 — 9:00pm ET
Sunday, August 30
- Raptors vs. Celtics, Game 1 (round two) — 1:00pm ET
- Clippers vs. Mavericks, Game 6 — 3:30pm ET
- Jazz vs. Nuggets, Game 6 — 8:30pm ET
While no games have been scheduled beyond Sunday, it’s probably safe to assume the NBA will resume its every-other-day format for each series. As such, the Rockets and Thunder would presumably play Game 6 on Monday. The Lakers/Trail Blazers and Bucks/Magic would do so as well if those series continue — L.A. and Milwaukee currently hold 3-1 leads.
For more details on the resumption of the season and the initiatives that the NBA and NBPA agreed upon as part of the restart, be sure to check out our earlier story.