The Pacers will host Cam Whitmore for an individual workout on Thursday, according to Wheat Hotchkiss of NBA.com. The Villanova forward is part of a group of prospects that are expected to come off the board shortly after the top three of Victor Wembanyama, Brandon Miller and Scoot Henderson. Indiana holds the No. 7 pick in this year’s draft.
The Pacers welcomed Johnell Davis of Florida Atlantic, Adam Flagler of Baylor, Armaan Franklin of Virginia, Nate Laszewski of Notre Dame, Leonard Miller of G League Ignite and Isaiah Wong of Miami to a pre-draft workout on Wednesday, tweets Scott Agness of Fieldhouse Files. Davis has since decided to pull out of the draft and return to school.
We have a few more updates on draft workouts:
- The Hornets had two six-player sessions already this week. On Tuesday, Charlotte hosted Wake Forest’s Tyree Appleby, Alabama’s Charles Bediako, Furman’s Mike Bothwell, Kentucky’s Chris Livingston, San Diego State’s Nathan Mensah and Arizona’s Courtney Ramey (Twitter link). On Wednesday, the team brought in Arizona State’s Marcus Bagley, Creighton’s Arthur Kaluma, Memphis’ Elijah McCadden, Iowa’s Filip Rebraca, UCLA’s David Singleton and Kentucky’s Oscar Tshiebwe (Twitter link). Kaluma opted on Wednesday to remove his name from the draft pool.
- The Lakers hosted a workout Tuesday with Marcus Carr of Texas, Djordjije Jovanovic of the Ontario Clippers, Justyn Mutts of Virginia Tech, Tyger Campbell of UCLA, Anton Watson of Gonzaga and Kevin Obanor of Texas Tech, according to Dave McMenamin of ESPN (Twitter link).
- Michigan’s Jett Howard worked out for the Rockets this week, tweets Kelly Iko of The Athletic. Howard could be on the board when Houston picks at No. 20.
- DePaul forward Javan Johnson had a session with the Nets on Wednesday, his agent told Brian Lewis of The New York Post (Twitter link).
- The Warriors brought in UCLA’s Jaime Jaquez for a workout on Tuesday, tweets Anthony Slater of The Athletic.