Injuries were a major part of this past week’s news, with Nuggets forward Wilson Chandler and Pacers 2015 lottery pick Myles Turner both being knocked out of action. Chandler was diagnosed with a labral tear and will undergo hip surgery early next week, ending his 2015/16 season, while Turner will miss at least the next four weeks after suffering a chip fracture in his left thumb. Chandler signed a four-year, $46.5MM extension with Denver during the offseason and he was expected to play a major role for the team, while Turner’s play has been solid thus far, earning him a spot in Indiana’s rotation.
Here’s more from the week that was…
- The Grizzlies acquired Mario Chalmers and James Ennis from the Heat in exchange for Beno Udrih and Jarnell Stokes.
Free Agent Signings
- Five-year NBA veteran and Hornets camp cut Elliot Williams signed with the D-League affiliate of the Warriors.
- The Warriors named Chris Murphy as the team president of the Santa Cruz Warriors, their D-League affiliate.
- Henry Sims and Lorenzo Brown signed with the Pistons’ D-League affiliate.
- The Bulls formally announced that they will establish a D-League affiliate that will begin play during the 2016/17 season.
You can stay up to date on all the D-League assignments and recalls for the season here.