With the preseason over and the regular season set to begin in a matter of days, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past week:
- The Cavs waived Toney Douglas.
- The Magic waived Cliff Alexander, Branden Dawson and Kevin Murphy.
- The Hawks waived Matt Costello.
- The Heat waived Stefan Jankovic.
- The Pacers waived Alex Poythress and Nick Zeisloft.
- The Pistons waived Nikola Jovanovic.
- The Nets waived Chase Budinger, Jorge Gutierrez, Beau Beech, and Egidijus Mockevicius.
- The Heat waived Keith Benson.
- The Hawks waived Ryan Kelly.
- The Hornets waived Andrew Andrews.
- The Cavaliers waived Markel Brown, Cory Jefferson and Jonathan Holmes.
- The Celtics waived Marcus Georges-Hunt, Damion Lee, and Jalen Jones.
- The Hawks waived Jarrett Jack.
- The Hawks waived Will Bynum.
- The Bulls waived J.J. Avila, D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera, and Thomas Walkup.
- The Nets waived Yogi Ferrell.
- The Knicks waived Chasson Randle, Lou Amundson, J.P. Tokoto, Cleanthony Early and Damien Inglis.
- The Bulls waived Spencer Dinwiddie.
- The Wizards waived Jarell Eddie, Johnny O’Bryant and Casper Ware.
- The Hawks waived Josh Magette.
- The Nuggets waived D.J. Kennedy, JaKarr Sampson and Axel Toupane.
- The Trail Blazers waived Luis Montero.
- The Rockets waived Isaiah Taylor.
- The Mavs waived Jameel Warney.
- The Thunder waived Alex Caruso.
- The Kings waived Lamar Patterson.
- The Thunder waived Reggie Williams.
- The Jazz waived Henry Sims.
- The Warriors waived Elliot Williams, Phil Pressey, and Cameron Jones.
- The Grizzlies waived Chris Crawford and Vince Hunter.
- The Pelicans waived Shawn Dawson and Robert Sacre.
- The Grizzlies waived Kellen Dunham.
- The Nuggets waived Robbie Hummel and Nate Wolters.
- The Blazers waived Grant Jerrett and Greg Stiemsma.
- The Spurs waived Ryan Arcidiacono.
- Pierre Jackson signed with Cedevita Zagreb in Croatia.
- The Pelicans signed Quincy Ford.
- The Heat signed Vashil Fernandez.
- The Mavericks signed Jaleel Cousins.
- The Thunder signed Reggie Williams.
- The Knicks signed Cleanthony Early.
- The Heat signed Luis Montero.
- The Grizzlies signed Matt Costello and Kellen Dunham.
- The Magic signed Ramon Galloway.
- The Grizzlies signed JaKarr Sampson.
- The Celtics signed Ryan Kelly.
- The Kings intend to re-sign Lamar Patterson.
- The Heat picked up the third-year rookie-scale option on Justise Winslow.
- The Pacers formally exercised their 2017/18 team option on Myles Turner‘s contract.
- The Mavericks picked up the third-year option on Justin Anderson.
- The Knicks picked up the third-year option on Kristaps Porzingis.
- The Bucks exercised the fourth-year option on Jabari Parker‘s contract.
- The Pistons picked up the third-year option on Stanley Johnson‘s contract.
- The Wizards exercised the third-year option on Kelly Oubre‘s contract.
- The Nuggets exercised their 2017/18 option on Gary Harris‘ contract.
- The Spurs exercised their 2017/18 option on forward Kyle Anderson.
- The Kings exercised their third-year option on Willie Cauley-Stein.
- The Nuggets exercised their rookie-scale options on Emmanuel Mudiay and Jusuf Nurkic.
- Wizards center Ian Mahinmi suffered a partially torn medial meniscus in his left knee and is expected to be sidelined for four to six weeks as a result.
- The Spurs hired former Cavs GM Chris Grant as a team scout.
- The Sixers promoted Ned Cohen to Vice President of Basketball Operations and Chief of Staff, as well as re-structured their analytics department, which will now be led by Vice President of Analytics and Strategy Alex Rucker, and supported by Director of Applied Analytics Dr. Lance Pearson and Sergi Oliva as Director of Basketball Analytics and Innovation.
- The Grand Rapids Drive, the D-League affiliate of the Pistons, acquired the rights to Jordan Crawford from the Mad Ants in exchange for the No. 6 overall pick in the D-League draft.
- Elton Brand announced his retirement.
- The Rockets will lose starting point guard Patrick Beverley for at least three weeks as the player will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee.