Several teams tinkered with their rosters this week, adding players to 10-day contracts to temporarily fill positions of need. A trio of players on 10-day deals impressed enough to receive multi-year deals. A couple of Eastern Conference clubs striving to make the playoffs completed a deal with each other, and rumors involving big-name players continue to fly with the trade deadline coming up later this month. We take a look back on a busy Week In Review:
- The Hornets and Bucks made a splash, swapping big men in a three-player deal. Charlotte acquired center Miles Plumlee – who has three years left on his contract – and cash considerations for center Roy Hibbert and power forward Spencer Hawes.
- Bucks shooting guard Khris Middleton is expected to make his season debut next week after recovering from a torn hamstring.
- Point guard Jordan Farmar stood out among four veteran players during a workout held by the Cavs.
- Lakers legend Magic Johnson returned to the franchise in an advisory role.
- Center Larry Sanders schedules team visits as he seeks to return to the NBA.
- The league sought clarification regarding President Donald Trump’s immigration ban, which could impact several NBA players.
- Charlotte guard Ramon Sessions suffers meniscus tear in left knee.
- Kings swingman Garrett Temple partially tears hamstring, out 2-3 weeks.
- The Cavs are interested in acquiring center Andrew Bogut and point guard Jose Calderon.
- The Bulls contact Sixers about the availability of power forward Jahlil Okafor.
- Timberwolves offered swingman Shabazz Muhammad for Suns forward P.J. Tucker.
- Pistons explore trade market for reserve centers Aron Baynes and Boban Marjanovic.
- Knicks continue pursuit of Cavs forward Kevin Love.
- Suns had discussions with Kings about center DeMarcus Cousins.
- Magic explore the market for power forward Serge Ibaka.
- The Mavs sign point guard Yogi Ferrell to a two-year contract.
- Warriors waive center Anderson Varajeo and sign guard Briante Weber to a 10-day contract.
- Hornets sign guard Ray McCallum to 10-day contract.
- Hornets sign center Mike Tobey to 10-day contract.
- Bucks waive guard Steve Novak.
- Spurs sign center Joel Anthony to second 10-day contract.
- Sixers sign guard Chasson Randle to three-year contract.
- Nets sign power forward/center Quincy Acy to two-year contract.
- Grizzlies sign guard Toney Douglas to 10-day contract and waive forward Troy Williams.