“Kobi Simmons, with the support of his family, has decided to declare for the 2017 NBA Draft,” Wildcats coach Sean Miller said. “All of us here at Arizona thank him for his freshman season and wish him continued success as he pursues his professional career.”
The 6’5″ guard hired Aaron Turner of Verus Team Management to be his agent, Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com tweets. Goodman adds that Simmons will work out for teams as a point guard. Jonathan Givony of Draft Express has Simmons as the 67th best prospect in the draft.
Here’s more on the upcoming draft:
- Markelle Fultz, who attended Tuesday’s Sixers game, wouldn’t mind playing for Philadelphia, Jordan Hall of Comcast Sportsnet relays. “I think it would be a great atmosphere, so it would be cool,” Fultz said of playing home games at the Sixers’ home arena. The former Washington guard, who said he believes he’ll be the first player to come off the board in June, added: “I always trust the process.”
- De’Aaron Fox has chosen an agent. He’ll be represented by Happy Walters of Catalyst Sports, Givony reports (Twitter link).
- Jawun Evans will be represented by ASM Sports, according to Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders (Twitter link). Chad Ford of ESPN.com ranks the Oklahoma State product 37th among this year’s prospect.
- ASM has also signed Xavier’s Edmond Sumner and Clemson’s Jaron Blossomgame, Daniels reports (Twitter link).
- Fred Sims of Chicago State has declared for the draft, Goodman reports (Twitter link). Sims is currently not ranked by Draft Express.