The latest news from around the NBA on Friday evening:
- CBSSports.com's Ken Berger reports that the NBA is considering instituting a new policy on resting players following Gregg Popovich's controversial decision on Thursday.
- Howard Beck of the New York Times writes that Brook Lopez' foot is not seriously injured, despite indications to the contrary.
- The New York Times' Dan Duggan writes that the Wizards are trying to put their horrific start to the season behind them.
- Charles F. Gardner of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that the Bucks have still not set a time for Luc Mbah a Moute's return.
- Sam Amico of FoxSportsOhio.com writes that Hawks GM Danny Ferry has turned the team around faster than expected.
- Mary Schmitt Boyer of the Plain Dealer writes that Cavs rookie Kevin Jones is not expected to find his way into the rotation anytime soon.