With the regular season entering its fifth week, here’s a look back at all the notable news and events from around the NBA this past seven days:
- The Rockets pulled their latest contract offer to Donatas Motiejunas, though the team hasn’t cut ties with him completely. The restricted free agent is still seeking offers.
- Omri Casspi‘s representatives are “quietly been making inquiries” around the league about a potential trade.
- The Sixers reportedly “don’t have much desire” to trade Jahlil Okafor. Instead, Philadelphia prefers to trade Nerlens Noel since he and the team are “not on the same page at all.”
- The Pistons announced they will move to downtown Detroit for the 2017/18 season.
- Kevin Martin announced his retirement.
- Reggie Bullock suffered a torn meniscus.
- Dante Cunningham is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a fracture in his fibula.
- The Lakers will be without D’Angelo Russell for a few weeks after the point guard received a platelet-rich plasma injection in his left knee.
- The Pistons could have Reggie Jackson back on the floor sometime in the next couple weeks.
- The Bucks haven’t yet decided on a location for a future D-League affiliate and the team will take longer than expected to make its decision.
- D-League salaries are expected to rise, but only for two-way contracts, which is something that should be incorporated in the new CBA.
- Sergio Llull said he has no intention of joining the NBA before his current contract with Real Madrid expires in 2021.
- Jeff Ayres was released by CSKA Moscow and he’s looking to return to the NBA.
- Channing Frye will be on leave indefinitely from the Cavs
- Zach Randolph will be on leave indefinitely from the Grizzlies
- The Kings reportedly still don’t want to move DeMarcus Cousins.
- The Cavs are reportedly not looking to add a point guard to their roster.
- Chris Paul said his relationship with Blake Griffin is “better now than ever.”
- Anthony Davis reaffirmed his loyalty to the Pelicans.
- Chris Bosh missed his 41st consecutive game, which triggered an insurance policy that now covers more than half of his salary.