On this date in 2000, the NBA took five first-round picks away from the T’Wolves after it was ruled that the team and Joe Smith entered into a secret deal to circumvent the salary cap. Eventually, two of those picks were restored, but the damage was felt by Minnesota.
Got a great basketball blog post that you want to see featured on Hoops Rumors? Send it to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com. Here’s this week’s look around the basketball blogosphere…
- Hoops HQ discussed the Warriors and their bid to repeat at champs.
- The Sports Quotient isn’t sure if LaMarcus Aldridge fits with the Spurs.
- The Love Of Hoops is excited for Julius Randle.
- OutLoud Culture introduces the 89.5% club.
- The Hardwood Nation has some thoughts on the Knicks’ preseason.
- Sactown Royalty discusses the evolution of Marco Belinelli.
- Peachtree Hoops writes about Dennis Schröder‘s starting chances.
- Orlando Pinstriped Post ran down the tough games early in the Magic’s schedule.
- The Bird Writes examines Dell Demps‘ job security with the Pelicans.
Please send submissions for Hoops Links to Zach at HoopsLinks@gmail.com.