We’re in the process of revisiting the 2005 NBA Draft, which is the year that the Bucks nabbed big man Andrew Bogut with the No. 1 overall pick. That year’s draft class is generally viewed as one of the weaker ones in recent memory, though, there were quite a few second-rounders that year (Ersan Ilyasova, Monta Ellis, Lou Williams, Amir Johnson and Marcin Gortat) who have gone on to have very solid NBA careers.
We’ve been posting a series of reader polls that ask you to vote on the player whom you believe should have been selected with each pick. We’ll continue onward with the Bobcats/Hornets, who held the No. 13 pick that season. Readers, you are now on the clock! Cast your vote for Charlotte’s pick and check back Wednesday for the results, as well as for your chance to vote for whom the Timberwolves should have taken at No. 14. But don’t limit yourself to a simple button click. Take to the comments section below and share your thoughts on the pick and why you voted the way that you did. Also, if I fail to list a player who you think should be selected, feel free to post that in the comments section and I’ll be certain to tally those votes as well.
Note: Believe it or not, we do read your feedback and always do our best to give our readers what they ask for. I’ve had a number of messages from folks not all that excited about the remaining prospects in this draft class. So…I’m posting another poll in this post to gauge what is most preferable. Vote below on whether or not to finish the first round of this draft or switch to a different draft. If the consensus is to switch, the choices are:
- 1996 — the year of Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Stephon Marbury and Steve Nash.
- 1984 — the year of Hakeem Olajuwon, Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and John Stockton.
- 2008 — the year of Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, Kevin Love and Brook Lopez.
- Bucks — Chris Paul [Actual Pick — Andrew Bogut]
- Hawks — Deron Williams [Actual Pick — Marvin Williams]
- Jazz — Monta Ellis [Actual Pick — Deron Williams]
- Hornets/Pelicans — Andrew Bogut [Actual Pick — Chris Paul]
- Bobcats/Hornets — Danny Granger [Actual Pick — Raymond Felton]
- Trail Blazers — David Lee [Actual Pick — Martell Webster]
- Raptors — Andrew Bynum [Actual Pick — Charlie Villanueva]
- Knicks — Marcin Gortat [Actual Pick — Channing Frye]
- Warriors — Lou Williams [Actual Pick — Ike Diogu]
- Lakers — Marvin Williams [Actual Pick — Andrew Bynum]
- Magic — Channing Frye [Actual Pick — Fran Vazquez]
- Clippers — Amir Johnson [Actual Pick — Yaroslav Korolev]
- Bobcats/Hornets — ?? [Actual Pick — Sean May]