The 2017 NBA trade deadline itself turned out to be a little underwhelming, with no big-name players moved in the last few minutes before 2:00pm CT, and teams like the Celtics, Cavaliers, Pacers, and Pistons standing pat. However, a couple notable players were on the move today, and a few interesting names – including one All-NBA center – were traded in the days leading up to February 23.
Here’s a recap of 2017’s deadline deals, starting with the moves completed today…
(Note: The Rockets’ acquisition of Lou Williams, which wasn’t made official until today, will be considered a February 23 trade. Additionally, not all the deals below have been officially finalized yet, so for now our recap is based on what has been reported.)
Trades completed on deadline day:
- Raptors acquire P.J. Tucker
- Suns acquire Jared Sullinger, Raptors’ 2017 second-round pick, Raptors’ 2018 second-round pick, and cash ($1MM).
- Thunder acquire Taj Gibson, Doug McDermott, and Bulls’ 2018 second-round pick.
- Bulls acquire Cameron Payne, Joffrey Lauvergne, and Anthony Morrow.
- Nuggets acquire Roy Hibbert.
- Bucks acquire Nuggets’ 2019 second-round pick (top-55 protected).
- Suns acquire Mike Scott, draft rights to Cenk Akyol, and cash ($500K).
- Hawks acquire Suns’ 2017 second-round pick (top-55 protected).
- Nets acquire K.J. McDaniels.
- Rockets acquire cash ($75K).
- Mavericks acquire Nerlens Noel.
- Sixers acquire Justin Anderson, Andrew Bogut, and Mavericks’ 2017 first-round pick (top-18 protected).
- Sixers will get Mavs’ second-round picks in 2017 (56-60 protected) and 2018 (56-60 protected) if first-rounder doesn’t convey.
Trades completed in the 10 days leading up to the deadline:
- Hawks acquire Ersan Ilyasova.
- Sixers acquire Tiago Splitter, Heat’s 2017 second-round pick (top-40 protected), and the right to swap Warriors’ 2017 second-round pick for Hawks’ second-round pick.
- Wizards acquire Bojan Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough.
- Nets acquire Andrew Nicholson, Marcus Thornton, and Wizards’ 2017 first-round pick (top-14 protected).
- Pelicans acquire DeMarcus Cousins and Omri Casspi.
- Kings acquire Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, Pelicans’ 2017 first-round pick (top-three protected), and Sixers’ 2017 second-round pick.
- Raptors acquire Serge Ibaka.
- Magic acquire Terrence Ross and less favorable of Raptors’ and Clippers’ 2017 first-round picks.
- Hornets acquire Chris Andersen and cash.
- Cavaliers acquire Hornets’ 2017 second-round pick (top-55 protected).