The Knicks continued to show why they’re the most dysfunctional franchise in the league this week and several 10-day contract signees managed to convince their teams to invest in them long-term. Here’s a round-up of the week’s biggest headlines and some of our favorite rumors:
- The NBA announced plans to launch an eSports league.
- New BIG3 league adds Jamario Moon and Kenny Anderson.
- General manager Vlade Divac said explicitly that the Kings will not trade DeMarcus Cousins.
- The NBA suspended Kings center DeMarcus Cousins for accumulating 16th technical.
- The NBA suspended Suns center Alex Len for leaving the bench in an altercation.
- The Bucks announced that they’ll debut a D-League affiliate in Oshkosh, Wisconsin next season.
- Recently hired Magic Johnson wants to “call the shots” for the Lakers.
- The Knicks banned Charles Oakley from Madison Square Garden after he was involved in an altercation.
- Timberwolves guard Zach LaVine to miss rest of the 2016/17 season with a torn ACL.
- Timberwolves forward Adreian Payne will be out indefinitely with a blood disorder.
- Hornets guard Ramon Sessions will miss 4-6 weeks with a torn meniscus.
- Suns forward Dragan Bender will be out indefinitely after undergoing ankle surgery.
- Bucks forward Jabari Parker to miss remainder of 2016/17 with torn ACL.
- There have been conflicting reports as to whether or not LeBron James is pushing the Cavaliers to trade for Carmelo Anthony.
- The Sixers and Pelicans were said to be discussing a Jahlil Okafor trade.
- The Pelicans are supposedly offering 2018 first-round pick in pursuit of center.
- The Rockets were non-committal about their approach to the trade deadline.
- The strong play of 10-day signee Okaro White put the Heat in a position to shake up their roster.
- New headlines continue to pour in regarding the Knicks, Phil Jackson and Carmelo Anthony.
- NBA agents have speculated that Phil Jackson’s approach to the Carmelo Anthony drama may sour free agents on signing in New York.
- General manager Mitch Kupchak has hurt the Lakers‘ chances of landing free agents in the past.
- Their winning streak could make the Heat buyers, not sellers at the deadline. They’ve been said to be looking into Serge Ibaka.
- Out of the NBA since 2014/15, 31-year-old Glen Davis hopes to return to action before the end of 2016/17.
- The Nuggets signed Johnny O’Bryant to a second 10-day contract.
- The Suns signed Ronnie Price to a second 10-day contract.
- The Heat waived Derrick Williams and signed Okaro White to a two-year contract.
- The Mavs signed Yogi Ferrell to a two-year contract.
- The Timberwolves signed Lance Stephenson to a 10-day contract.
- The Hawks signed Lamar Patterson to a second 10-day contract.
- The Grizzlies signed Toney Douglas to a second 10-day contract.
- The Cavaliers signed Derrick Williams to a 10-day contract.
- Veteran guard Nate Robinson signed a D-League contract.