Forty-four 10-day contracts have now been signed in 2019 by a total of 30 players, as our 10-day contract tracker shows. After inking a multiyear deal with the Timberwolves today, Cameron Reynolds became the sixth of those players to parlay a 10-day contract (or two) into a rest-of-season pact with the same team.
Teams will have until the end of March to continue signing players to 10-day deals. Once the calendar turns to April, the window for 10-day signings will close, since the season ends on April 10 — any short-term contract signed next month would simply be a rest-of-season contract.
With the help of our tracker, here are several more details and stats on this season’s 10-day contracts:
10-day contracts that are currently active:
- Andre Ingram, Lakers (expires 3/20)
- B.J. Johnson, Hawks (expires 3/21)
- Justin Bibbs, Clippers (expires 3/22)
- Eric Moreland, Raptors (expires 3/23)
- Michael Carter-Williams, Magic (expires 3/24)
- Charles Cooke, Heat (expires 3/24)
- Deyonta Davis, Hawks (expires 3/28)
Of these seven players, only Johnson is on his second 10-day contract with his current team. When his deal expires, the Hawks will have to sign him for the rest of the season if they want to keep him. The six other players here could each sign another 10-day contract.
Teams that have signed the most 10-day contracts:
- Atlanta Hawks: 5 (four players)
- Houston Rockets: 4 (three players)
- Phoenix Suns: 4 (three players)
In total, 19 teams have signed at least one player to a 10-day contract so far this season. The Celtics, Hornets, Bulls, Mavericks, Nuggets, Pistons, Warriors, Pelicans, Trail Blazers, Spurs, and Jazz have yet to do so.
Players who have signed 10-day contracts with multiple teams:
- Corey Brewer (Sixers, Kings)
- Isaiah Canaan (Timberwolves, Bucks)
- John Jenkins (Wizards, Knicks)
- Emanuel Terry (Suns, Heat)
Players who have signed rest-of-season contracts after one or two 10-day deals:
- Corey Brewer (Kings)
- Bruno Caboclo (Grizzlies)
- Henry Ellenson (Knicks)
- John Jenkins (Knicks)
- Cameron Reynolds (Timberwolves)
- Ray Spalding (Suns)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.