Gonzaga forward Julian Strawther has decided to remain in the draft, Jeff Goodman of Stadium tweets. Strawther averaged 15.2 points and shot 41 percent from beyond the arc last season. He’s ranked No. 56 on ESPN’s Best Available list, making him a potential second round pick.
Arizona’s Marcus Bagley – the younger brother of Pistons big man Marvin Bagley III – has also decided to remain in the draft despite appearing in just five games over the last two seasons, CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein tweets.
Several other players who declared for the draft have opted to remove their names as the withdrawal deadline for early entrants nears. Here are some of the players who are headed back to school:
- Jaedon LeDee, F, San Diego State (senior) (Instagram link).
- Allen Flanigan, F, Mississippi (senior) (Twitter link via Matt Norlander).
- Note: Flanigan is transferring from Auburn.
- Grant Nelson, C, (senior) (Twitter link via Goodman).
- Note: Nelson is in the transfer portal after playing at North Dakota State.
- Clarence Daniels II, F, New Hampshire (junior) (Twitter link via Rothstein).
- Eric Gaines, G, UAB (sophomore) (Twitter link via Goodman).
- Tyrin Lawrence, G (junior) (Twitter link via Rothstein).
- Note: Lawrence is in the transfer portal after playing at Vanderbilt.
- Enrique Freeman, F, Akron (junior) (Twitter link via Rothstein).