One of the most lopsided trades in NBA history was completed on this date in 1972. The Rockets traded future Hall of Famer Elvin Hayes to the Baltimore Bullets for forward Jack Marin and future considerations. Hayes would go on to score 15,551 of his 27,313 career points in a Bullets uniform, averaging 21.2 PPG and 12.7 RPG over nine seasons with the Bullets. Marin, meanwhile, lasted just a year and change with Houston before being shipped to the Buffalo Braves in 1974.
If you have a great piece that you think we should feature in next week's edition of Hoops Links, send me an email at [email protected]. Here's this week's look around the basketball blogosphere..
- Project Spurs weighs the pros and cons of trading for Samuel Dalembert.
- Rufus On Fire gets you acquainted with surprise Bobcats hire Mike Dunlap.
- Bucksketball tips their cap to the new champs and hopes to see similar success in Milwaukee.
- Wages of Wins wonders if the Wizards will be winners next season.
- Blazer's Edge thinks Austin Rivers could be an interesting fit in Portland.
- Bright Side Of The Sun wants to see some creativity in Phoenix.
- RealGM looks at the evolution of LeBron James.
- Red 94 has some interesting thoughts on what to expect from the Rockets this summer.
- Hoops Addict believes that this year's Finals changed things for many of its participants.
- NBA Playbook wonders if John Henson might be the poor man's Anthony Davis.
- Nets Are Scorching says not to get too excited over the latest Dwight Howard buzz.
- Bullets Forever breaks down the Wizards' big trade.
- The Basketball Post updates us on Nikola Mirotic.
- NBA 34 7 365 isn't sure why Derek Fisher was option No. 1 for a long stretch in Game 3.
- Queen City Hoops wants Charlotte to deal for the Cavs' group of picks if offered.
- Basketbawful had a unique perspective on Game 4.
- Cavs The Blog refuses to be bitter about LeBron's title.
- Stepien Rules wants you to know that Cleveland will be just fine.
- Hoopinion reflects on Josh Smith's season.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.