On this date 11 years ago (boy do I feel old), the Lakers defeated 76ers 108-96 in Game 5 of the 2001 NBA Finals, capping off the most dominating playoff run in NBA history. The Lakers went 15-1 through the 2001 playoffs and Shaquille O’Neal was named NBA Finals MVP for the second consecutive season, joining Michael Jordan and Hakeem Olajuwon as the only players to do so.
Many of this week's links pertain to this year's Finals, which figure to be slightly more competitive. Do you have a great blog piece that should be a part of Hoops Links? Then what are you waiting for? Send me an email at [email protected]. Here's this week's look around the blogosphere..
- Basketball Prospectus links David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest and basketball scouting.
- Shaky Ankles looks at Dwyane Wade's struggle.
- Know Hitter doesn't see a dynasty developing in Oklahoma City.
- The True Fan's Sports Blog picks the Thunder in six.
- The Starting Five breaks down Game Two of the Finals.
- The Basketball Post expects big things out of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
- Ballin Europe is enjoying the Serbian Finals.
- NIU BBall has an update on former Rutgers standout Quincy Douby.
- Nets Are Scorching wants to reacquaint you with Eric Gordon.
- Waiting For Next Year wonders what the Cavs have to do to win it all.
- Wages Of Wins suggests a surprising Finals MVP candidate.
- CNBC lists the ten most overpaid players in the Association.
- Project Spurs takes a gander at San Antonio's finances.
- Bright Side Of The Sun previews free agency in the Central Division.
- NBA 24 7 365 had a lot of questions after Game One of Heat-Thunder.
- RealGM caught up with Nets CEO Brett Yormark.
- A Wolf Among Wolves doesn't understand what happened to Wayne Ellington.
- NBA Draft Blog spoke with Xavier's Tu Holloway.
- Bucksketball has beef with the centers of the 2012 draft.
- Red's Army bids an emotional farewell to the 2011/12 Celtics.
- Swish Appeal identifies five early candidates for WNBA's Most Improved Player.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached here.