Tim Duncan called the loss that ended the Spurs' season last night "very, very disappointing," but told Mike Monroe of the San Antonio Express-News that the disappointment wouldn't be a factor in the decision facing the free agent this offseason.
"Not really," Duncan said. "Bottom line is the summer is going to come. The summer is going to be here, and it is what it is. I’ll figure it out when I come to it. I haven’t even thought about it, and I really don’t care. I’ll figure it out when it happens, just like everything else."
Let's round up a few more morning notes from around the league….
- Jackie McMullan of ESPN Boston is "very confident" that the Celtics' Big Three are making their final run together. I'd be surprised if Kevin Garnett or Paul Pierce didn't return to Boston, but I could envision Ray Allen signing elsewhere this summer.
- Royce White of Iowa State is hoping to be drafted by his hometown Timberwolves, tweets Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com.
- GM Joe Dumars didn't deny that he'll be targeting big men when the Pistons pick ninth overall in the draft, says Vincent Goodwill of the Detroit News.
- Brandon Roy is in Los Angeles undergoing medical procedures on his knees this week, according to David Pick at Sportando.
- Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel outlines why he doesn't think Phil Jackson and the Magic are a match unless Jackson wants to coach the team.