Another NBA draft is in the books, and once again, we're reminded that no matter how many draft rumors we read, and how many mock drafts we run through, we have no idea what will happen on draft night. While the latest version of Hoops Rumors' own mock draft looked okay a couple days ago, you can count our accurate picks on one hand. Be sure to check out the complete draft results for a rundown of every pick and trade from Thursday night, but with the draft behind us, we're looking ahead to free agency. Here are a few post-draft odds and ends from around the Association:
- Reports continue to suggest the Raptors will be major players in the Steve Nash sweepstakes, as Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld tweets that Toronto will make a "hard push" for the point guard.
- Although they didn't make a big splash on draft night, the Lakers will continue to explore major deals, tweets Mike Bresnahan of the L.A. Times. "We'll try to hit a home run," said GM Mitch Kupchak. "We always try to hit a home run."
- Kings president Geoff Petrie says Jason Thompson is still the club's top priority in free agency, tweets Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee.
- Bulls GM Gar Forman insists Chicago wasn't "actively shopping" Luol Deng and other core pieces this month, writes Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com.
- The Rockets will be targeting centers in free agency, GM Daryl Morey tells Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle (Twitter link).