The Heat are certainly in better position to advance to the NBA Finals than they were 24 hours ago, but they aren't out of the woods yet, with a Game 7 looming. Given the high expectations in Miami, ESPN.com's Chris Broussard (Twitter link) polled 27 NBA executives on 20 clubs on whether they'd fire Erik Spoelstra if the Heat lose the series to the Celtics — 17 said no, while 10 said yes. While we await tomorrow's winner-take-all matchup and prepare for a night without NBA action, let's check in on some other updates from around the Association….
- Lakers trainer Gary Vitti confirmed to Mike Trudell of Lakers.com that both Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum are expected to travel to Germany to undergo platelet-rich plasma therapy this summer. According to Eric Pincus of HoopsWorld, Bryant may head overseas for his treatment as soon as this weekend.
- Former NBA veteran Nenad Krstic told HoopsHype that he's unsure whether or not he'll return to the league or continue playing for CSKA Moscow next season.
- Kendall Marshall is hearing that he could be a late lottery pick, tweets Chris Haynes of CSNNW.com.
- Tommy Beer of HoopsWorld attempts to uncover a few potential free agent bargains at the point guard position.
- Nick Calathes has spoken to the Mavericks and indicated that he'd like to make the jump to the NBA, according to Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com. We heard earlier this week that the 23-year-old was considering such a move, though he was still drawing heavy interest from European teams.
- Matt Steinmetz of CSNBayArea.com examines possible free agent fits for the Warriors.
- The Warriors, picking seventh overall, appear to be "especially high" on Jared Sullinger, tweets Sam Amico of FOX Sports Ohio.