head coach Byron Scott
said that two of the team's cuts could come from Luke Harangody
, Michael Eric
, and Kevin Jones
(Bob Finnan of The News Herald via Sulia
link). Finnan thinks that Jones will be one of the cuts and also says that the team "likes Harangody too much." When Scott was asked about potential cuts from the point guard position, he replied that he would prefer to be able to keep both Jeremy Pargo
and Donald Sloan
Earlier today, Chuck Myron relayed some stories surrounding training camp rosters
. We've got a few more noteworthy links to share on that front, as well as this evening's miscellaneous NBA news:
- Jodie Valade of The Plain Dealer takes a closer look at the decision the Cavaliers have to make on Sloan and Pargo and lists the pros and cons of keeping both. She also notes that Byron Scott believes one of them currently has an edge over the other, but the coach would not elaborate beyond that.
- Joseph Goodman of The Miami Herald took to Twitter to speculate on what he calls the Heat's "no-doubt-about-it cut list," listing Rodney Carney, Jarvis Varnado, Mickell Gladness, and Robert Dozier. He mentions that the last two spots could come down to a competition among Josh Harrellson, Garrett Temple, and Terrel Harris, adding that he would keep the latter two (Twitter link).
- Interestingly enough, although Juwan Howard is not part of Miami's training camp roster, Goodman points out that the former Heat player still has a locker.
- Ben Golliver of the Blazers Edge shared a transcript of Trail Blazers GM Neil Olshey's in-game interview with CSNNW on Friday. Some notable comments include Olshey's thoughts on Will Barton's potential, Nicolas Batum and the team moving forward after his contract extension, and landing J.J. Hickson.
- In response to a report that Stephen Curry will sit out the rest of pre-season, Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News tweets that Curry's long-term extension talks with the Warriors are on hold.