The latest news and notes from around the NBA on Friday evening:
- Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel writes that the Magic's recent losing streak is a difficult adjustment for the team's veterans, who are used to playoff contention.
- Schmitz also writes that the Magic have yet to identify a permanent starter at the small forward position.
- Ray Richardson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press catches up with former Timberwolves forward Martell Webster, who has found a steady role and better injury luck this season with the Wizards.
- Joe Freeman of the Oregonian writes that Trail Blazers rookie center Meyers Leonard found a new perspective on his role while missing several weeks with an ankle injury.
- Jodie Valade of the Plain Dealer notes that the Cavaliers have coveted big man Marreese Speights for several years. They acquired him this week from the Grizzlies.