Eddie Sefko of SportsDayDFW doesn't think the Mavericks will engage in any trades before Thursday, saying that the team's biggest issue – namely their rebounding deficiencies – will have to improve with the personnel they already have. He also participated in a chat with fans about trade deadline rumblings, and you can read some of the highlights here:
- Sefko says that the Mavs won't have much luck if they want to go after Brandon Jennings, being that his asking price would be too high for them to reach.
- Dallas hasn't been turned off by the way Dwight Howard's tenure has gone in Los Angeles, and Sefko thinks the Mavericks' chances of landing him over the summer notably improve if the Lakers fail to make the playoffs.
- Bucks center Samuel Dalembert would make sense as a trade target, but Milwaukee's price tag may be too high, especially if they want a young player in exchange.
- Sefko puts the Mavericks' chances of making a deal at 25%.
- While talking about the draft may be a little premature, Dallas would be wise to target a guard or a swingman once the NBA Draft comes along in June, says Sefko.